Candidates for membership must make written application accompanied by payment of the annual membership fee. The application shall be presented at the next meeting of the Board of Directors and requires, for Regular and Non-Resident Business Entities, an affirmative vote of a majority of the Directors present. Associate Membership requires an affirmative vote of2/3 of the Directors present.
Please choose your appropriate membership type. You may also download a membership application.
Code of Conduct
Levittown Chamber of Commerce (the Chamber) aims to provide a safe and professional environment for members and non-members to enjoy. We do not tolerate discrimination, disrespectful or threatening behavior of any type between or towards any member, non-member, individual or organization engaged with the Chamber. Should any individual or company member feel that they have experienced adverse behavior towards them, they are requested to contact a member of the Board of the Chamber.
The following Code of Conduct is taken as accepted by members upon registration:
Participation in events, meetings and activities of the Chamber are subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Code of Conduct and such other terms and conditions as may be prescribed from time to time. As an organization, the Chamber expects participants in Chamber events, activities and social media to observe and abide by the Code of Conduct, upholding the values, professionalism and integrity of the Chamber.
In the event of any breach of or non-compliance by a member participant with any of the terms of the Code of Conduct, whether or not such breach or non-compliance is the subject of a complaint by another Chamber member or other non-member participant, the Chamber reserves the right to take appropriate action against the defaulting individual including, but not limited to, exclusion from Chamber events, removal from Chamber media and suspension of membership and membership benefits. The Chamber reserves the right to terminate the membership of the defaulting member, without liability to refund to such defaulting member any amount of membership fees paid in advance, whether in full or pro rata.
The obligations and responsibilities of all members of the Chamber include the following:
- To maintain the highest standards of conduct and engage in Chamber events in a professional and dignified manner, acting with integrity and respectfulness when interacting with Chamber invitees and guests, other members and their guests and the general public.
- Not to speak or to comment on behalf of the Chamber or hold oneself out as having authority to do so unless specifically requested or instructed or otherwise having obtained prior consent to do so from the Executive Committee of the Board of the Chamber.
- Not to act in such a way that the Board deems, in its reasonable opinion, to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests or reputation of the Chamber.
- To respect and comply with reasonable requests or directions given by Chamber staff, office bearers or third parties – for example at Chamber events hosted at external venues – and not to act in such a way at any Chamber event or activity, which would be likely to cause injury or harm to self or to others.
- To respect the confidentiality requirements and privacy policies of the Chamber, and confidentiality requirements requested to be observed by Chamber invitees, guests, other members and their guests; this includes refraining from activities or practices that are/ or could be construed to be anti-competitive or anti-trust in nature.
- To respect the right of Chamber staff, office bearers, members and non-member participants to a safe environment when working for, or attending or participating in events, meetings or activities hosted or facilitated by, the Chamber, free from harassment, abuse or discrimination and, in particular, not to use threatening behavior towards nor harass any member of Chamber staff or Chamber member, invitee, guest or other non-member participant.
- To ensure that communication with Chamber employees, office bearers and members is measured, reasonable and professional and devoid of any comments against any of them in their personal capacity.
- Not to issue – whether via email, phone, SMS, social media or similar platform – any malicious, inflammatory, critical, defamatory, abusive or threatening messages or statements in relation to the Chamber or its members, invitees or guests.
- To act in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of the State of New York and the United States of America.
- To abide by the Chamber’s by-laws and any conflict-of-interest guidelines or other policies and codes as may be issued or updated from time to time.
- As a member of the Chamber from time to time, you will gain access to various reports and research, to individual contact details and to other confidential information. In being a member, you agree:
- Not to share personal information with any third party without prior consent of that individual.
- Not to share commissioned research and reports unless specifically approved by the Board of Directors.
- Not to spam or use any information in a manner that may be deemed inappropriate.
- Should you wish to share information that you may feel is relevant to all or certain members, please liaise with the marketing team in the first instance to discuss an appropriate approach.
1 Year Membership (NEW MEMBERS)
A sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation doing business in Levittown from a business address within Levittown.
1 Year Membership (Non-Resident) NEW MEMBERS
A sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation doing business in Levittown from a business address OUTSIDE Levittown.
1 Year Membership (Associate Member) NEW MEMBERS
Any non-business, civic, fraternal, religious, political and educational organization or institution and elected official during their term of office. Associate members have the right to vote, but are not eligible for election as an officer or director of the organization.